Master J Kirkwood
Name: Master John Kirkwood
Position: Master Instructor, Founder of Taekwondo Alliance & KMAA
Degree: VII (7th)
Master Kirkwood is a 7th Degree Master in Taekwon-Do, as well as a Black Belt in Hapkido. He has over 44 years of experience within the Martial Arts and initally started out in boxing at a very young age. He took up Taekwondo in mid 1970’s, after seeing a demonstration by the UKTA in Glasgow. Master Kirkwood has amased many World, European, British and Scottish titles in his 40 years of competiton experince, and still competes today in varous competitions within the UK.
Master Kirkwood truly believes in leading from the front, and looks to inspire his students and help them achieve their own goals. Master Kirkwood teaches at the academy daily and is very hands on within all classes. His students and members are at the forefront of the academy, and he always ensure that everyones skills are maximised, and that their hard work is respected and rewarded.
The KMAA academy is Lanarkshire premier fulltime centre for martial arts and fitness, a place where everyone gives 100% or more, and where all members feel good about themselves. Confidence, attitude, hard work and effort is the key at the academy!
- Head of the Taekwondo Alliance Organisation
- 7th Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do.
- Trained in Taekwondo for over 44 years.
- Head of the World Hapkido Association Scotland under his Instructor, Grandmaster Tae Jung.
- Sport Scotland and ITF Korea International Instructor Course (IIC) certified.
- International Master Instructor and Grading Examiner.
- Started training in 1974 under his instructor Hock An Teh of UKTA.
- Senior Instructor in TAGB Scotland – Larkhall 1980’s.
- TAGB Scotland Captain 1980’s.
- Winner of numerous World, European, British and Scottish titles, over 40 years of competing.
- Inducted into the WUMA Hall of Fame.
- Hamilton Sports Council Coach of the year.
- Hamilton Sports Council Sportsperson of the year.
- Featured in national magazines, and on International TV.
- Martial Arts Illustrated Hall of Famer.
- Full-time martial arts professional.
- .PVG Certified.
- First Aid Certified.
- Child Protection Certified.