ABOUT Our Academy
Kirkwoods Martial Arts & Fitness Academy is Lanarkshire’s Premier centre for martial arts and fitness! Our professional martial art school specialises in developing children, adults and families through martial arts and fitness training!
We strongly believe in personal development, and our martial arts classes will help YOU achieve your goals! They instill morals and values from early years through to adult level. We specialise in not only individual classes for children and adults, but also family classes. Families provide the backbone of KMAA, they are an essential way to enhance the growth and personal development of young students, as well as create a unique bond between siblings and parents and all done within a fun environment!
With over 28 different classes offered every single week at KMAA, we will help you to choose the perfect training programme, that will work within your busy weekly schedule.
We help transform children from as young as 3.5 years of age, and offer a preschool class, as well as junior and cadet classes. These classes will help them develop into inspiring junior leaders! We have classes every day of the week, and KMAA will help you choose the perfect training class for your child!
Most of our adult classes are mixed male and female, and we boast many ladies training in Taekwondo, Kickboxing and Hapkido Self Defence.
Our academy offers Taekwon-Do, Kickboxing and Hapkido self defence classes to suit all ! You will learn martial arts skills and techniques, along with getting fit, staying healthy and meeting new people. Fun is a core part of our classes, and all classes are suitable for a complete beginner level to the more advanced martial artist.
KMAA is Lanarkshire’s premier training centre for “Ladies Only Kickboxing” which will maximum both you physically and mentally. We also host various fitness training classes for adult males and females, and teenagers! Has your usual routine at the gym become boring? or have reached a plateau in your performance or physical fitness results. We have adult programs that are the perfect alternative to a boring gym routine.
Our Academy is fully equipped with the latest training equipment and new technology training aids for boxing, speed training and agility! We are always seeking to improve and offer our members the very best in equipment and also in coaching. The academy boasts of top class Master Instructor and Senior Instrucors to help you in your martial arts journey, as well as our many leaders who help in all classes with children.
- Dedicated reception area • Safe, clean and spacious training hall
- Fully Matted safety flooring
- Fully heated for Winter months
- Punchbags and kickshields – our training hall is fully equipped with the latest training aids to enhance to student experience.
- Training mirrors to check form and technique
- Viewing reception for friends and family to watch and support you when training or during belt testing
- Student changing area
- Wireless surround sound system installed for music playback in class
- All major cards accepted for your convenience
- CCTV for your security and peace of mind
- Disabled toilet and access
- Flat panel televisions to watch promotions and student playback
- Dedicated pro-shop – discunted merchandise available for students and members.
- Tea and coffee available for members
- Separate male & female changing rooms
- Free car parking
- Free Wi-fi
- Easy assessible location from Hamilton, EK (Blantyre Industrial Estate)
TRY OUR CLASSES TODAY, WE OFFER FREE TRIALS TO TRY ANY MARTIAL ART OUT!
Take action today and take advantage of one of our trial offers for Taekwondo, Hapkido or Kickboxing. You have nothing to lose, and will experince all styles of martial arts for free! All of our classes have limited space available, so act now!
OUR KMAA TEAM
SENIOR INSTRUCTOR TEAM
MASTER JOHN KIRKWOOD
JUNIOR & SENIOR LEADERS